Wednesday, March 11, 2009

But we dance tonight

Hold to the hours, of what we've become,Wait through the aching seconds for the morning sun,Count down your truths, and throw out your lies,Breathe deep and easy, swallow this pride. The faces turn white, as snow falls to the ground,A voice like yours would be a delicate sound,They lay on the sand, they're all about to die, theystare at my shaking hands through blown dry, blood shot eyes. I'd travel the distance; I'll walk the way,And be buried in your arms, for just a day,If it couldn't last, if it was only a while, theClock strips the hours, I count the miles. Sleep deprivation or excitement and joy,Let's play a game; I'll be the BOY, you be the GIRL,No one will know, we'll wear a disguise Will you be there waiting, awake until sunrise? Let's dance to the moon; we'll dance in the rain,You've destroyed nothing of mine except the painI've passed through death and its suicidal ways.I have traveled in darkness, for what seems like days.I'll awake in the morning with you on my mind,I live in simplicity with nothing to hide,This ordinary world, and old songs we sing;I come from the same house, collapsed under this wing.
The dying, the dreams, the fantasies are alive,Love isn't shallow; it's a deep dive,The difference is, but a small line;I know that's your sorrow, but I know mine.And within the hands of your loving embrace,The tips of your fingers, on my body will trace;The music, the melody will be our light; so say you'll stay and dance with me tonight. After two years, you gave me a try,It's a pleasure to say, that you're mine,You're my world safely in my palm; in the glow of twilight, our world is finally calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment